Transportation: Transporting Your Wingsailer
One of the design features of the WINGSAILER is its car-topability. This is due to its ultra-light weight and small size.
You will Need:
- A set of car-top carrier racks at least 4' long and with 6" or more legs.
- A couple of strips of carpet to wrap around the carrier racks. Attach with duct tape.
- 30-35 feet of 1/4" diameter rope.
Tying The Boat Down On The Car:
- Tie two lines from the bow ring of the boat and one end of each to side of the front bumper.
This stops side play and if one breaks the other will hold.
- Tie a line through the rudder gudgeon to the center of the rear and pull taut.
- Slip the wing into its "carry bag" (optional).
- Slide the wing under the racks with the head of the wing forward. Tie the wing up to the bottom
of each rack with two short lengths of line.
- Tie a line from the ring in the head to the front bumper.
- Tie two ropes over the top of the boat to lash it to each of the carrier bars. Be sure the rear one goes
over the deck in front of the pylon. This is to prevent the boat from sliding forward in a quick stop.